Wednesday, May 16, 2012

In my head today: catching up and discovering Bowie

Well, just to update on the past year or so....

I've been through a right long David Bowie phase and come out the other side. Not a huge Bowie fan back in the day (though I did love him in The Hunger), so I had a LOT of great music to discover.  Just to catch us up, here are a few of the videos I love best.

David Bowie: Cracked Actor


Well, I like anything called "cracked actor" - makes me think of some actors I know and love... who are definitely cracked! Anyway, this is a version from the 90's - about 20 years after he wrote the song. Better version, I think.



David Bowie: The Pretty Things are Going to Hell

Revisiting old demons. Epic.



David Bowie: Bring Me the Disco King

This is the last song on the last album of new work that he's made. Bowie fans are ever-hopeful that he's *thisclose* to putting out something new. In the meantime, we have a truly haunting [possible} end to a mind-blowing recording career. He lives on, produces art and generally enjoys life I hear. Good on him!





No comments:

Post a Comment